Saturday, December 09, 2006

Asterisk Update

It's been awhile since I have been able to post here -- November and December are typically very busy for me, and I have little time for extracurricular activities. However, I have managed to do some work on the Asterisk install. I've installed the base code on my backup server, which is now running the latest build of CentOS. It went smoothly, largely because I am unable to test anything as of yet -- I have not picked up the hardware necessary to complete the installation. I've decided to go with the Linksys Sipura SPA 3000 for my hardware requirements, for a couple of reasons. First, the box running Asterisk is a bit elderly, and having the FXO/FXS in a stand alone box will reduce the processor requirements; and second, the price is much better this way. I can pick the box up for as little as $115.00 CDN.

I hope to order one this month, and begin testing the application.